Visual feedback

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:00 PM
In using a similiar program, it provides a "visual feedback" if the gesture was recognized and what gesture was recognized if so. This is done via a small pop up window in the lower right hand corner. It is kind of nice to have a visual confirmation of what you've drawn. Note the other program starts with "G" :)

That being said, I have not convinced myself whether this is worth mentioning or not. I for one could definitely live without it, and the bloat factor is always something to consider. 

So this is more of an idea in the back of your mind, but not necessarily a "feature request". I`m sure there are more important things to work on other than "eye candy".
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM
TreeFrog,

It's funny you've mentioned that because in the codebase there exists the start of something similar to what you're talking about. Because of the rework of the plugin system that I've done, what you're talking about is a perfect candidate for a plugin. Then the user can turn it on if they want, or disable it. I've always wanted to give the user feedback on the result of a gesture, but you're right, I have a lot to do. Need some other developers to get in on the fun :)

Dylan Vester
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:49 PM
I agree the plug-in system will be a perfect fit for ideas like this. Plug ins = options = a happier user base. The great thing is, there is no need to rush it since it can be done later if so desired. I wish I could I could help on that but I have pretty much zero programming experience.