How to disable high sign in games?

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Hello, and thank you for your work.
strokeit can disable mouse gestures, in selected applicatons.
How to do it  in high sign?
Mar 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Hi there,

I'll let Dylan confirm to be certain, but is there currently no facility to disable High Sign at this time.  I did speak with him about it a couple days ago and it's obviously something that needs to be introduced.  I'll also take a look and see if I can figure out something  =)

Thanks,

Robert Larkin
Mar 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Me again.

I've added the code to allow disabling gestures via the tray menu (just like Training Mode).  I know you were looking for a gesture to do this, but this is an interim solution that should probably be there no matter what.  Of course, Dylan will need to review the code and incorporate it into the next build, after likely refactoring my code as well  =P

I'll talk to Dylan about how this logic can be included as a plugin, and if it is pretty straight-forward, I'll create the plugin so the functionality can be assigned to a gesture.

Best Regards,

Robert Larkin
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Oh, thank you. It`s good solution for games. But how about progs with bultin gestures recognition such us firefox or maxthon. Disable high sign manually every time for browser use , and enable it after switch to explorer for example, even with gesture. It`s little unuseful, don`t you think?
Mar 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM
I agree completely.  When I spoke with Dylan it was about disabling gestures in general with the options that StrokeIt provided.  This would include ignoring gestures for certain applications, etc.  Now, I have to say, why not just disable gestures in the other applications and use High Sign to provide all of your gestures?  I did that with StrokeIt too, I always prefered to have all my gestures in one spot, but I also support freedom of choice.

This is something that we'll have to tackle in the near future, I'm not as versed in the deep workings of High Sign yet, so this may require Dylan, but I'll look around the code anyway and see if I can understand how this would be implemented.

Thanks!

Robert Larkin
Mar 4, 2009 at 5:10 AM
By the way, I've created the plugin for disabling mouse gestures, however, this would only save you one step since you'd still have to re-enable gestures via the tray icon.  If the gestures are disabled, you wouldn't be able to draw another to re-enable them  =)

The root of the issue is that High Sign needs the ability to provide an interface for you to be able to say "Hey, ignore this window, it has its own gestures."  I plan to work on that next as I think it's very core to High Sign's need to play well with any other programs you may be running.

Thanks,

Robert Larkin
Mar 7, 2009 at 6:05 AM
Just wanted to update you on the status of this.  

The core of the "Ignored Applications" feature has been coded and is working quite well.  Right-click dragging in an ignored window is immediately passed on to the program, so High Sign won't interfere with the target window's functioning at all.  You will be able to specify an ignored application by executable file name, window class, or window title (caption); and use regular expressions to match on any of these conditions if needed; this will allow for a enormous amount of flexibility to specify exactly what you'd like High Sign to ignore.

The interface for this will be flexible as well.  For most needs, you'll simply select the program from the list of running applications (just like when you make a new action) and High Sign will start ignoring it.  If you need to be very specific in regards to what should be ignored, there will be a more advanced set of options to provide features like browsing for the EXE file, use regular expressions for matching, and even a crosshair that you can drag over a window to find its details.

Robert Larkin